FIVE WINLESS PREMIER LEAGUE TEAMS REVEALED

Five Premier League teams are yet to register a win at the end of the third set of games in the competition this season and Mersey side giants Liverpool are a big surprise on the list.

Liverpool have two points from their three league games as their quest to usurp holders Manchester City for the Premier League title has started poorly. They started the season with the 2-2 draw at the home of Fulham who are one of the three promoted teams. Bournemouth and Nottingham Forest are the other teams promoted from the English Championship. The draw  with Fulham was followed by another draw as they played out a 1-1 draw with London club Crystal Palace at home in a game which saw new signing Darwin Nunez sent off. Nunez played 57 minutes before he was dismissed as Liverpool ended the Palace game with ten men. Liverpool then followed up the draws against Fulham and Palace with the 2-1 defeat at the hands of hosts Manchester United on Monday. Continue reading FIVE WINLESS PREMIER LEAGUE TEAMS REVEALED

TRANSFERS: PALACE, FULHAM SIGN PLAYERS

The Premier League duo of Crystal Palace and Fulham have signed new players in the last 24 hours. The two London teams have made one addition each in the quest to boost the squad ahead of the new season. Crystal Palace have completed the signing of CheickDoucoure, while newly promoted team Fulham have signed Welshman Neco Williams.


Malian midfielder Doucoure has signed a five-year deal as the new Palace player until the end of the 2026/27 season. The 22-year-old was announced as a Crystal Palace player on Monday in a deal worth around £20m. On his transfer to Palace from French Ligue 1 club Lens, Doucoure said he’s very happy and joyous to be a Palace player. The African star said he’s proud to bea new player for the Eagles. Continue reading TRANSFERS: PALACE, FULHAM SIGN PLAYERS

                     TOTTENHAM JOIN ARSENAL, BARCELONA IN RAPHINHA PURSUIT

According to The Athletic, the race to sign Leeds United star Raphinha in the summer transfer window has further heated up as Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal have joined Barcelona in pursuit of the Brazilian. Raphinha has been a big hit in the Premier League since joining Leeds United from Rennes in the summer of 2020. The 25-year-old has been critical to the Whites maintaining their status as a top-flight club in both seasons he has been at the club. So far, Raphinha has chalked up a tally of 17 goals and 12 assists from 67 games for Leeds.


However, the Brazilian international harbours hopes of playing European football, something that Leeds United cannot offer. And clubs are now lining up to sign Raphinha in the summer, with the Yorkshire outfit open to sanctioning a sale as long as their demands are met. Barcelona have shown the strongest interest in Raphinha so far as they look at the 25-year-old as a long-term replacement for Ousmane Dembele. With the Frenchman’s contract expiring in two weeks, he is set to depart as a free agent. And the Blaugrana have narrowed in on Raphinha as their preferred option to take over from Dembele. Continue reading                      TOTTENHAM JOIN ARSENAL, BARCELONA IN RAPHINHA PURSUIT

              TOTTENHAM CONTINUE TO BE LINKED WITH NAPOLI STRIKER OSIMHEN

According to The Mirror, Tottenham Hotspur are linked with a move for the signature of Napoli star Victor Osimhen ahead of the summer transfer window. He has raised his game to reach newer heights this season, having become a deadly striker based on his recent performances.


Antonio Conte seemingly wants to make some attacking signings this summer to support Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min for the next season. The boss has already demanded from Tottenham that they must buy Dejan Kulusevski permanently, which would cost them around £30million in transfer fees. Continue reading               TOTTENHAM CONTINUE TO BE LINKED WITH NAPOLI STRIKER OSIMHEN

                       REAL MADRID STAR REFUSES TO NEGOTIATE WITH ARSENAL

Real Madrid’s Eden Hazard has refused to even enter into negotiations with Arsenal who are said to be keen to sign him on a loan with an option. A giant of a player when he was at Chelsea, it’s safe to say Eden Hazard’s move to Spain has not lived up to the hype generated by his £103.5m transfer there in 2019.


Over the past week or so, there have been numerous reports that Arsenal are keen on signing Eden Hazard on a loan deal with an option to purchase the player at the end of that period. Arsenal were said to have already met with Hazard’s reps to sound out a move and, at that point, it was claimed that Hazard had no interest and wished to remain in Spain. Continue reading                        REAL MADRID STAR REFUSES TO NEGOTIATE WITH ARSENAL

                 UNITED COULD FINALLY SIGN JUVE STAR ON A FREE THIS SUMMER

Manchester United could move for Juventus playmaker Paulo Dybala this summer. The Argentine is expected to leave the Old Lady after a breakdown in contract talks with the club. As per Fabrizio Romano, Dybala’s agent will now talk to clubs regarding a potential transfer.


The transfer guru tweeted that Juventus director Arrivabene confirmed that they won’t extend Paulo Dybala’s contract. That they’re not gonna do any other proposal and the decision has been made. He added that the 28 year old’s contract expires in June, and that he will leave for free. Continue reading                  UNITED COULD FINALLY SIGN JUVE STAR ON A FREE THIS SUMMER

FRED, TELLES OUT OF BURNLEY GAME

The Brazilian duo of Fred and Alex Telles have been ruled out of the Burnley game in the Premier League later this week. The two players returned respective positive results for Covid-19 and will miss the trip to take on the Clarets at Turf Moor on Tuesday night.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLAfubfXMAcX1Rv.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FLAfubfXMAcX1Rv.jpg

Left-back Alex Telles was not in the Manchester United squad for the FA Cup fourth round tie with English Championship side Middlesbrough as he had just returned from national team duty with five-time world champions Brazil. Compatriot Fred was able to make the squad for the Boro game despite the fact that he was also on national team duty with Brazil.
Continue reading FRED, TELLES OUT OF BURNLEY GAME

MALOUDA: 2006 FIFA W/CUP FINAL EXAMINED

FlorentMalouda was a regular in the France team on the way to the final of the 2006 FIFA World Cup tournament on German soil. Malouda and France were drawn in Group G at the tournament alongside Switzerland, South Korea and Togo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3tPmjLXoAATlrx.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E3tPmjLXoAATlrx.jpg

France were the top seed in their group, but they didn’t have things their way. They didn’t secure a place in the knockout stage until they won their final group game against Togo. France and Switzerland had played out a goalless draw in their first game. In their second Group G outing, Thierry Henry scored for France in the first half, before the advantage was cancelled with ten minutes to go by South Korean attacker Park Ji-Sung as the two teams played out a 1-1 draw.
Continue reading MALOUDA: 2006 FIFA W/CUP FINAL EXAMINED

NEWCASTLE PLANNING JANUARY RAID ON UNITED

Newcastle United have a lot of money to spend on transfers after their Saudi-led £300m takeover was officially confirmed last week. It has been reported that the Magpies have around £200m available for new players. To this effect, reports in the British media claimed that Newcastle United are plotting a massive raid on Manchester United for some of their players.

The Daily Mirror revealed that the Magpies are keen on signing four Manchester United players namely Jesse Lingard, Anthony Martial, Eric Bailly and Donny Van De Beek when the January transfer window reopens in a matter of ten weeks.
Continue reading NEWCASTLE PLANNING JANUARY RAID ON UNITED

TOTTENHAM WANT TO OFFER NDOMBELE FOR AC MILAN STAR

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E9ug-6RWQAQOfjZ.jpg

Tottenham outcast Tanguy Ndombele continues to slide further down the pecking order at the club and there are a lot of reasons to believe that he will not be at the club for a long time. The French midfielder first had a fall-out with former manager José Mourinho and the Portuguese manager sidelined the player, casting him to a permanent place in the substitue’s be ch till he was eventually sacked before the end of last season. The departure of Mourinho from the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium was expected to be a turnaround and bring a breath of fresh air for Ndombele but that has, in fact, not been the case as the matter continues to get even worse.

 

Despite the arrival of a new manager in Nuno Espirito Santo, the situation has not yet changed for the better for the midfielder and he has continued to maintain a spot on the bench. He reportedly had another fall-out with Nuno Espirito and that has sent a strong wave across all of the club’s that might want to show an interest in the player that they can start submitting their bids now. The ideal transfer for Tottenham involving Ndombele would be to use the player in a player-plus-cash deal to try and sign Ghanaian midfielder Franck Kessie from Italian Serie A side AC Milan in the January winter transfer window. Continue reading TOTTENHAM WANT TO OFFER NDOMBELE FOR AC MILAN STAR