England were on a losing run when they welcomed old foes Germany to the Wembley Stadium on Monday for their last game in Group A3 of the UEFA Nations League this season. They had lost their last two games in the group and were hoping to avoid defeat for the third game running ahead of the visit of the Germans. In the end, they showed character and fighting spirit to battle back from two goals down for a point from the game though it must be pointed out that they could have secured their first and only win in the group if deputy goalkeeper Nick Pope had not made an error late in the game.
Five Premier League teams are yet to register a win at the end of the third set of games in the competition this season and Mersey side giants Liverpool are a big surprise on the list.
The Premier League duo of Crystal Palace and Fulham have signed new players in the last 24 hours. The two London teams have made one addition each in the quest to boost the squad ahead of the new season. Crystal Palace have completed the signing of CheickDoucoure, while newly promoted team Fulham have signed Welshman Neco Williams.
Malian midfielder Doucoure has signed a five-year deal as the new Palace player until the end of the 2026/27 season. The 22-year-old was announced as a Crystal Palace player on Monday in a deal worth around £20m. On his transfer to Palace from French Ligue 1 club Lens, Doucoure said he’s very happy and joyous to be a Palace player. The African star said he’s proud to bea new player for the Eagles. Continue reading TRANSFERS: PALACE, FULHAM SIGN PLAYERS
According to The Athletic, the race to sign Leeds United star Raphinha in the summer transfer window has further heated up as Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal have joined Barcelona in pursuit of the Brazilian. Raphinha has been a big hit in the Premier League since joining Leeds United from Rennes in the summer of 2020. The 25-year-old has been critical to the Whites maintaining their status as a top-flight club in both seasons he has been at the club. So far, Raphinha has chalked up a tally of 17 goals and 12 assists from 67 games for Leeds.
However, the Brazilian international harbours hopes of playing European football, something that Leeds United cannot offer. And clubs are now lining up to sign Raphinha in the summer, with the Yorkshire outfit open to sanctioning a sale as long as their demands are met. Barcelona have shown the strongest interest in Raphinha so far as they look at the 25-year-old as a long-term replacement for Ousmane Dembele. With the Frenchman’s contract expiring in two weeks, he is set to depart as a free agent. And the Blaugrana have narrowed in on Raphinha as their preferred option to take over from Dembele. Continue reading TOTTENHAM JOIN ARSENAL, BARCELONA IN RAPHINHA PURSUIT
According to The Mirror, Tottenham Hotspur are linked with a move for the signature of Napoli star Victor Osimhen ahead of the summer transfer window. He has raised his game to reach newer heights this season, having become a deadly striker based on his recent performances.
Antonio Conte seemingly wants to make some attacking signings this summer to support Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min for the next season. The boss has already demanded from Tottenham that they must buy Dejan Kulusevski permanently, which would cost them around £30million in transfer fees. Continue reading TOTTENHAM CONTINUE TO BE LINKED WITH NAPOLI STRIKER OSIMHEN
Real Madrid’s Eden Hazard has refused to even enter into negotiations with Arsenal who are said to be keen to sign him on a loan with an option. A giant of a player when he was at Chelsea, it’s safe to say Eden Hazard’s move to Spain has not lived up to the hype generated by his £103.5m transfer there in 2019.
Over the past week or so, there have been numerous reports that Arsenal are keen on signing Eden Hazard on a loan deal with an option to purchase the player at the end of that period. Arsenal were said to have already met with Hazard’s reps to sound out a move and, at that point, it was claimed that Hazard had no interest and wished to remain in Spain. Continue reading REAL MADRID STAR REFUSES TO NEGOTIATE WITH ARSENAL
Manchester United could move for Juventus playmaker Paulo Dybala this summer. The Argentine is expected to leave the Old Lady after a breakdown in contract talks with the club. As per Fabrizio Romano, Dybala’s agent will now talk to clubs regarding a potential transfer.
The transfer guru tweeted that Juventus director Arrivabene confirmed that they won’t extend Paulo Dybala’s contract. That they’re not gonna do any other proposal and the decision has been made. He added that the 28 year old’s contract expires in June, and that he will leave for free. Continue reading UNITED COULD FINALLY SIGN JUVE STAR ON A FREE THIS SUMMER
The Brazilian duo of Fred and Alex Telles have been ruled out of the Burnley game in the Premier League later this week. The two players returned respective positive results for Covid-19 and will miss the trip to take on the Clarets at Turf Moor on Tuesday night.
Continue reading FRED, TELLES OUT OF BURNLEY GAME
FlorentMalouda was a regular in the France team on the way to the final of the 2006 FIFA World Cup tournament on German soil. Malouda and France were drawn in Group G at the tournament alongside Switzerland, South Korea and Togo.
Continue reading MALOUDA: 2006 FIFA W/CUP FINAL EXAMINED
Newcastle United have a lot of money to spend on transfers after their Saudi-led £300m takeover was officially confirmed last week. It has been reported that the Magpies have around £200m available for new players. To this effect, reports in the British media claimed that Newcastle United are plotting a massive raid on Manchester United for some of their players.
Continue reading NEWCASTLE PLANNING JANUARY RAID ON UNITED